It is a long established fact that a reade.
Who We Are
Desh Bhagat University, Mandi Gobindgarh came into existence under Punjab Govt’s Desh Bhagat University Act. The university derives its spirit of Foundation from freedom fighter Sr. Lal Singh Ji; who fought for the independence of India and in 1972 his efforts of social work & his services in the freedom struggle were recognized by awarding him with “Tamra Patra” by Govt. of India, hence the name Desh Bhagat was contemplated. DBU has been established with the mission of pursuing excellence in higher education as envisioned by Sr. Lal Singh Ji.
Desh Bhagat United has its campuses at Mandi Gobindgarh, Shri Muktsar Sahib, Moga, Chandigarh, and Kenya. The University has been established with the lofty mission of pursuing excellence in higher education by providing the young students a distinct and unique combination of academic, professional and personal development.
The various courses taught in the university include Agriculture Sciences, Airlines, Animation, Applied Sciences, Art & Craft and Fashion Technology, Ayurveda, Commerce, Computer Sciences, Education, Engineering, Hospitality and Tourism, Hotel Management, Languages, Law, Management, Media, Nursing, Performing arts, Physical Education, Social Sciences. Located in a totally pollution free environment, the university has a sprawling campus with state-of-the-art infrastructure including lush green Wi-Fi Campus, AC Class Rooms equipped with latest teaching aids, computer labs having latest model computers, well-stocked digital libraries, hostels for boys & girls with all modern facilities, seminar/conference halls, playgrounds and its own fleet of buses to transport students from different places.
The ultimate aim of Desh Bhagat University is to provide quality education and the best possible exposure to its students in order to make them not only highly successful professionals, managers, entrepreneurs, and technologists but also to make them fully responsible and awakened members of the society by imparting them the much-needed value education and soft skills.
Facilities on Campus
Our well-graduated facilities assist students all year round in their core study of the subjects, preparing presentations, group work and applied research.
- Fully equipped wireless classrooms are used for teaching with significant laboratory work. Each lab is equipped with latest machines and gadgets.
- The library disseminates information on each and every aspect of engineering science and technology. Students have access to numerous volumes, directories, and journals on engineering literature.
- D Buzz
- A popular hangout for students D Buzz is a great place for getting refreshments and yummiest treats during recess.
- University provides a robust transport facility to its students and staff members. With a fleet of 86 vehicles, a radius of approximately 60-70 km’s is covered on a daily basis.
- This is designed for collaborative learning, preparing presentations and for group discussions.
- The Auditorium
- The auditorium is used for holding fests, guest lectures, and work shops. This is also a place for students to host shows or participate in talent hunt.
- University provides a comfortable lodging on campus. Hostels are available for both boys and girls.
- Mini Market
- Mini market on campus is a convenience store for purchasing items of daily use.
- ATM on Campus – First green branch in India opened at DBU
- University feels proud of opening the first green branch of SBOP bank in India on its campus in Mandi Gobindgarh. Students have the facility to do all their banking activities on campus.
- To practice innovation through international teaching practices and mentor students through specially crafted mba-industry-academia curricula.
- To promote research not only for educational purposes, but also support the industry by inventing solutions and resources for various processes and systems.
- To promote entrepreneurship by shaping leaders and professionals, who are not only industry ready but have value systems of weaving models of entrepreneurial ventures.
Accreditation & Approvals:
- University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE)
- Bar Council of India (BCI)
- Punjab Nurses Registration Council (PNRC)
- Indian Nursing Council (INC)
- Central Council for Indian Medicine (CCIM)
- National Council for Hotel Management
- Catering Technology (NCHMCT)
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Pharmacy Council of India (PCI)